Hot Dates!

Well, hopefully nicely chilled for whites and room temperature for reds because we're talking wine dates, and lots of them. I'm going to be out and about a bit this month and I wanted to let you know just in case you're nearby and up for joining me for a glass of wine. This Friday I'm back at the Bath Literature Festival for a wine tasting at 7.30pm (details here). Next week I'll be at the English winery Denbies for more wine tasting (details here) and at the weekend I'm running wine workshops at Max McMurdo & Brancott Estate wines' up-cycling event The Great Home Hack in London (book tickets here). Later on this month I'll be at the Ideal Home Show (details here) and hope to have a couple of tickets to give away before then. In the meantime, I've made some more (hopefully useful) videos for my YouTube channel. Let me know if you've got any questions for future videos - and if you fancy seeing my 'Thank Friday It's Wine' wine each week (a little wine top up, if you like), subscribe and you'll make me do a little dance.

Current white in the fridge: Tupungato Chardonnay 2013, £4.75 on offer, M&S
OK, so this is out of stock on the website, but if you see it on shelf in your nearest M&S then take the lot because the price is ridiculously low. It's from a really good (and relatively cool, given the high altitude) region in Argentina - Tupungato - and made by one of the best producers, Catena. The result is a gorgeous glass of peaches and cream, with just the right amount of freshness. Seriously delicious and one to try if you like your Chardonnay with curves. 

Current sherry on the side: Amontillado Medium Dry Sherry, £6.99 for 1L, Morrisons
Last Friday, I stopped by an old friend's house and, it being past six o'clock, I was offered a small glass of sherry rather than a cup of tea. How lovely! And an Amontillado too, darker than Fino but not as dark as Oloroso. This one's made by Lustau no less, a tip-top Sherry maker. With a touch of sweetness, think hazelnuts and figs in liquid form. Absolutely delicious served cool (but not chilled) in small measures, enough to catch up on vital gossip news. Bowl of nuts a must. 

Chin chin x

Labels: , , , , , ,