Not Tonight, Darling

I'm supposed to be in the cinema as I type this, watching Fifty Shades of Grey with friends (I live in the sticks, it took a while to get here). But I just didn't have the energy: too tired. Oh, the irony! In my defence, I was out last night - Book Club - and I can't do two late nights in a row anymore. Definitely not on a school night, anyway. I'll go straight to wine.

Current sparkling in the fridge: Tesco Finest Bisol Prosecco, £6.99 on offer (normally £9.99), Tesco
I bought a bottle of this for Mothering Sunday (had both my mum and mother-in-law here for lunch) and we managed to quaff a bottle well before the gammon hit the table. And it was as good as it has ever been: fresh, frothy, full of pears and promise. A brilliant pre-proper-food drink. The producer behind this wine is really good - taste a line up of Prosecco (all in a day's work - I know!) and it really does stand out as one of the best. A steal at this price. 

Current red in the rack: Escarpment The Edge Pinot Noir 2013, £11.24 on offer (normally £14.99), Waitrose
Gorgeous Pinot Noir from the Martinborough region in New Zealand, at the bottom of the North Island. The Marlborough region might be more famous thanks to all that zingy Sauvignon Blanc but Martinborough is doing its quietly brilliant thing, especially with the Pinot Noir grape. The chap who made this wine, Larry McKenna, takes Burgundy as his inspiration. But this is richer, riper and definitely better value than most similarly priced red Burgundies around at the moment. Just add roast lamb. 

Chin chin x

Ps. I've got a couple of tickets for the Ideal Home Show to give away (I'll be there next Thursday, wine in hand). If you fancy coming, pop your name on the blog or facebook page in the comments by this Friday (20th March 2015) and we'll settle this in the usual way, picking a name at random.

*T&Cs:
1. Competition closes on Friday 20th March 2015 at 11.59pm.
2. The prize draw is open to any UK resident over the age of 18.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,